Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Replaced OpenOffice with LibreOffice



Just now, I replaced my earlier OpenOffice in this desktop (I'm using Linux Mint 10), to Libreoffice v3.4. Actually, I've planned to do this quite for a long time, but only today I managed to do this.



Here are the step I did to uninstalled OpenOffice and then installed LibreOffice:

1. Go to System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager –> Quick Search and type OpenOffice
2. Mark for Complete Removal all the installed OpenOffice software and Apply your choice, then exit the program.

Since I've downloaded the tar file from official site of LibreOffice, I just need to extract the tar file to deb and then run below commands in terminal from the DEBS directory:
sudo dpkg -i *.deb
Then change the directory to the 'desktop-integration', and run the same above command once again. Full instructions on how to do that can be obtained from the same official site, in the installation tab.

Alhamdulillah... LibreOffice is now fully installed in this desktop. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment